Shpock, is the boot sale app for beautiful things. Since the initial launch about a year and a half ago the app has gained incredible traction and is one of the largest classifieds apps, only surpassed by eBay classifieds in the German-speaking area. Every day more than 100.000 people discover, buy & sell through Shpock and this with great enthusiasm. Still, we have great plans and are convinced to grow rapidly in the future.
Therefore, we are looking for an additional team member, who is willing to become part of the team and take over responsibility as:
B A C K E N D & W E B D E V E L O P E R (full-time).
We are looking for you as:
- You are experienced with PHP, MySQL, MongoDB
- You want to extend your knowledge about Solr, Nginx…
- You are eager to (self) learn new things
- You ideally have worked with high traffic high availability systems
- You quickly find a solution based on requirements – not on religious beliefs or the only thing you usually apply
- You have a common understanding of web/mobile related languages and current trends
- You have the willingness to look beyond your tasks and area of responsibility and to keep the big picture in mind
What will you do:
- Develop new features for our website
- Develop new features for the backend REST API of our mobile app
- Build a stable and fast system that can grow with our growing user numbers regionally and globally
- Analyze the performance of the code and optimize it
- Provide input for new product development
Why work with us?
- We love an open, collaborative environment where we all can learn from everybody
- We are a passionate, focused and international team
- We enjoy “Denglish” as office language
- We are serious about team table soccer cola arrangements ;-)
- We love to build something big, efficient and long lasting
- We want you to be under the first 15 team members in a continuously growing team
Did we catch your interest? If yes, we are looking forward to receiving your application:
PS: Don´t be fooled by the way this was written or what team photo we have chosen. We are professionals and work with full commitment and all due seriousness. But at the same time we are also looking for an individual who fits the team.